SCORE Classes in Southwest Washington
Selling for Small Businesses
“Business doesn’t happen until something gets sold.” Nearly every aspect of any career involves selling.
If your knees knock at the prospect of making sales calls and you have potential clients you need to see, spend a few hours with us. You’ll learn how to get the appointment, make a plan for your sales call and how to avoid the deadly mistakes salesmen often make. We’ll also talk about using a SWOT analysis of you and your competitors and how to optimize leads. Discover also why objections can be your best friend and gain some proven closing techniques.
As always seminar attendees may later receive free, confidential SCORE mentoring to help you personalize your Sales process.
Business Plan Basics
This three hour seminar will cover the basics for writing your own Business Plan including:
• Why I should have a Business Plan? What financing opportunities exist?
• What’s needed in my plan? Should I have different plans for different audiences?
• What are some good Business Plan examples I may use?
• How should I differentiate my product or service?
• Can I calculate a Break-even point for my business and how can I project profit?
• How do I determine what licenses or permits I will need?
• Where can I find free research tools for marketing or competitor analysis?
As always seminar attendees may later receive free, confidential SCORE mentoring to help you develop your business plan.
Business Lending Revealed – Get The Funding Your Business Needs
Tuesday April 12, 2016 from 9:30 AM to 11:00 PM PDT @ Vancouver Main Library
A panel of banks, credit unions and micro lenders with join SCORE and the Small Business Administration to show you what is needed to get a loan for your business. SCORE Volunteers are available at and after the event for the (always free) help you need to get through the process.
Simple Steps for Starting My Business
Simple Steps is a pre-business workshop to help you reach a “go or no-go” decision for a business start-up. The Workshop Goal is to provide registrants content, homework and SCORE mentoring to give you a deeper, higher-level conversation between you and your mentor as to whether you really are ready to start a business