SCORE Classes in Southwest Washington
Business Plan Basics
This three hour seminar will cover the basics for writing your own Business Plan including:
• Why I should have a Business Plan? What financing opportunities exist?
• What’s needed in my plan? Should I have different plans for different audiences?
• What are some good Business Plan examples I may use?
• How should I differentiate my product or service?
• Can I calculate a Break-even point for my business and how can I project profit?
• How do I determine what licenses or permits I will need?
• Where can I find free research tools for marketing or competitor analysis?
As always seminar attendees may later receive free, confidential SCORE mentoring to help you develop your business plan.
Secrets to Starting the Best Business for You
Thinking of going into business yourself? Consider the options:
- A Startup Business
- Buy an Existing Business or
- Consider a Franchise?
This 2 hour seminar covers the pros and cons to help you do your due diligence in the overall process of business exploration. This free seminar is funded by the SCORE Foundation and FranNet
Introduction to Desktop QuickBoooks & Financial Management
Accounting is much more than how you keep score in business. It’s also how you insure your business is healthy and has the resources needed to grow. Whether you use the services of an independent professional like a bookkeeper or accountant, or you decide that you or a family member will keep the books, you need to understand some accounting basics.
Most importantly, the class offers a separate no cost opportunity to meet with a SCORE mentor in the days following the class to review your particular use of QuickBooks and address any questions you may have. Our volunteer instructor, Ted Powell, like all SCORE volunteers, is a down-to-earth, experienced business guy.